American Airlines previously ran a promotion offering bonus AAdvantage miles for flights to London. Now, it’s extending a similar promotion to members of its Business ExtrAA program, which is free to join. You’ll earn points in a parallel system in addition to the points you would normally earn through AAdvantage.
These Business ExtrAA points can be redeemed for things like lounge passes, upgrades, and free flights. If you have any kind of business, I recommend you sign up for Business ExtrAA as a way to double-dip every time you fly American.
Between December 1 and February 28, certain first and business class fares booked in F, A, P, J, R, D, or I will earn you 5,000 Business ExtrAA points every time you fly. Certain economy class fares booked in Y, W, B, or H will earn 2,000 bonus points. That doesn’t seem like a lot, but remember that this is a separate program, and the redemption levels are much lower than AAdvantage. Here are just some of the things you can get with Business ExtrAA:
- 2,000 points – economy class ticket in continental U.S., Canada, or Mexico
- 3,000 points – economy class ticket between continental U.S. and Hawaii
- 4,400 points – economy class ticket between North America and Europe
- 300 points – Admirals Club day pass
- 3,000 points – Admirals Club membership
- 2,400 points – AAdvantage Gold status
There’s a much longer list available here. Depending on how much travel you do to London, and hopefully in full-fare tickets reimbursed by your employer, this could be a great deal to earn some valuable credits toward free tickets, give your family elite status, and more.