Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in joining Ben (One Mile at a Time) and I for dinner this Sunday, March 17. The good news is that lots of people want to come! The bad news is that my original idea of a small group meeting at Quinn’s just won’t work out. I told a few of you I was thinking about The Hi-Life in Ballard, and that won’t work, either. The group keeps growing.
We need more space. We need to avoid the bars on St. Patrick’s Day.
So we will be moving the event to a private dining room at Maggiano’s, located at Lincoln Square in Bellevue. I am waiting now for a contract and will need to send them an updated guest count by Friday, March 15. Right now we estimate about 20-30 people and need to nail that down. Dinner will be at 7 PM on Sunday, March 17 to give everyone a little more time to arrive.
Follow the link to the Family Style Dinner menu (see below for more details). The price is a flat charge of $41.95 + tax + 20% service charge for unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages. Ben will get all the Diet Coke and lime he can drink. It’s a little steep, I know, but parking will be free and we will have the room to ourselves. I think it’s worth it. Anyone who needs to arrive a little late can do so without worrying about losing his or her seat.
(If anyone is flying in and staying in Seattle, I might be able to give you a ride. No promises, but send me an email.)
Confirm Your Seat
(1) Send payment to reserve your seat. The cost is $54.50 per person including taxes and service charge. You can use Amazon Payments or PayPal (send money to email@example.com). If you send money by Amazon Payments, check “goods and services” and the transfer is free. If you send money by PayPal, there is a processing fee. Add $2 per person to cover my costs or make sure you pay the fee on your end.
(2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling me how many guests will be in your party. Make sure you tell me your payment details so I can match your name with the payment.
(3) People who confirm in time will get to participate in selecting the menu. I’ll send a link to a survey after I receive your payment.
(4) You must confirm by noon on Friday, when I will update Maggiano’s with the final tally. If you must wait until Sunday, there is some wiggle room, but you better check with me before showing up. Send an email to email@example.com
(5) Alcohol is your responsibility. Pay your bill and drive safely. The Hyatt Regency and the Westin are both next door.